Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Thank You, Ashfield Swim Club.

By Jo,
A Huge Thank you must go to Ashfield Amateur Swimming Club for their support of "Poo Ain't Taboo"!!!
On Saturday they put the taking of the weekly raffle towards Ben" walk. A total of $225. A great effort for all club members.
Below is Ben's speech he said on the day:
Firstly, let me say how much I love Ashfield Swim Club.
I never have trouble getting out of bed early on a Saturday morning to come and swim with you all here.

I was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease in May 2008 after being sick for 8 months. So I am trying to raise awareness for Crohn’s and other inflammatory Bowel Diseases and to raise vital money for the Sydney Children’s Hospital Randwick so the IBD team can continue their research into a cure.

So in less then 3 weeks from now, with the support of my family I am going to hike from Newcastle to Sydney.

My family and I are very grateful for the generosity of the executive committee to donate the takings from today’s raffle to my cause, it is very much appreciated. So to all of them I say thank you!

And to all of you, my fellow swim club members I would like to say thank you to you all for your support.

I have handouts here if you would like one on how you too, can be part of “Poo Ain’t Taboo”.

Thanks
"When it comes to giving, some people stop at nothing."