Friday, April 24, 2009

Jackie's Thoughts...... Written on Easter Sunday by the fire...

Thur,
Went to the launch feeling really excited and nervous. Enjoyed listening to both Matt & the Mayor speak. Went to work and managed to be on train by 3.15pm. Was lucky enough to be picked up at Broadmeadow and then taken out to dinner- last meal at Hogs Breath.

Fri,
Stared out on the bitumen before going through onto the track. Couldn't believe those hills. Didn't think we'd get up them. We had lunch half way up one. Was relieved when we got to camp. Seeing a servo was great. A shop and a TOILET!!! was appreciated.

Sat,
I know the itinerary said "some steep sections" but i was not prepared for how hard that was. I have never been so sweaty. Seriously so so tough. Could have cried but didn't have the energy. And the leeches!!! they were everywhere!!!! I got bitten on my knee two prong marks. Didn't make camp till 9 hours after we started. Just got the tents up before dark.

Sun,
Was expecting an easy day!! My body didn't agree. adding the 3kg of water to my pack and the blisters I have gained on both my feet and hips. I felt every metre of the way. was so relived to reach camp. Enjoying relaxing by the fire for the afternoon.

What I missed:
Clean socks
showers
my pillow

Craving:
Popcorn
chicken- roast
hot chips- with chicken salt
peanut butter toast
COKE!!!

only 10 km tomorrow.

Jackie B