Thursday, April 23, 2009

Peter's thoughts.....

When Jo first floated the idea of the walk to raise awareness of Crohnes my first thought was that the degree of difficulty of the undertaking was being understated. None the less I was keen to offer support by participating on one of the sections, not much thought on my part nor recognition that it had been at least 20 years since I had done any serious bush walk with a pack on my back.
Recognition came quickly on the Saturday as we started the up hill climbs and the 50 year old body started to protest loudly and long.Regardless of the resulting aches and pains I am very happy that I did join in and enjoyed a challenging walk in good company through some diverse and beautiful bushland.
My overwhelming impression is one of admiration for the whole of the Power family for their determination and support to each other, in particular Jo who clearly walked through several pain barriers to emerge I believe a stronger person and to young Ben who walked throughout the weekend without a murmur and still managed the energy to give Stuart and myself a little bit of cheek around the fire at night.
Overall a tremendous achievement not only in the distance travelled but also the success of the primary aim of raising awareness and funding for Crohnes.
Peter Archibald.